Braces for Kids in Greensboro, NC
Our braces for kids treatment plans are comfortable, convenient and child-centered. Let us alleviate you and your child’s anxiety with friendly personal treatment and care. Our convenient children’s braces options ensure that every child can find a solution that works for them. Irvin Orthodontics offers braces for children of Greensboro, High Point and Winston-Salem, NC.
When Does My Child Need Braces?
While there is no exact age for children to begin orthodontic treatment, the American Association of Orthodontists recommends visiting the orthodontist around age seven. By this age, most children have a mix of baby teeth and adult teeth, making it easier for the orthodontist to diagnose and correct tooth and jaw problems sooner and without surgery.
My Child Needs Braces- When is the Right Time?
Putting off a checkup with an orthodontist until a child has lost all baby teeth could be a disservice. Some orthodontic problems may be easier to correct if they’re found early. A checkup no later than age seven gives your orthodontist the opportunity to recommend the appropriate treatment at the appropriate time. If early treatment is in order, the orthodontist may be able to achieve results that may not be possible once the face and jaws have finished growing.
How Do I Know If My Child Needs Braces?
Here are a few things to look for that may mean your child needs to see an orthodontist:
- Early or late loss of baby teeth
- A hard time chewing or biting food
- Mouth breathing
- Finger or thumb sucking
- Crowded, misplaced, or blocked teeth
- Jaws that pop or make sounds when opening and closing
- Teeth that come together abnormally, or do not come together at all
- Jaws and teeth that are not proportionate to the rest of the face
- Crowded front teeth around age seven or eight
What is Early Treatment?
For parents, it’s not always easy to know if your child may need orthodontic treatment. Dr. Irvin may recommend early treatment to:
- Correct and guide the growth of your child’s jaw to help the permanent teeth come in straight
- Regulate the width of the upper and lower arches
- Create more space for crowded teeth
- Avoid the need for permanent tooth extractions later in life
- Correct thumb sucking and help improve minor speech problems
How Much Do Braces for Kids Cost in Greensboro?
Braces for kids can vary depending on a number of factors, such as the type of braces and amount of correction needed. During your complimentary initial exam, you will be given a detailed recommendation for treatment along with expected costs. A portion of the cost may be covered by your dental insurance. For your out-of-pocket costs, we accept cash, checks, and most major credit cards. We also offer convenient financing plans via CareCredit®.
Does your child need braces? Don’t delay, we’re here to help. Parents of Greensboro, High Point, and Winston-Salem, NC, contact Irvin Orthodontics today to schedule a complimentary initial exam for your child.