Metal Braces in Greensboro, NC
Metal braces are the most traditional form of orthodontic braces. Metal braces are commonly known and are appropriate for all ages and to fix a variety of issues. While you may think of metal braces as clunky and obvious, modern metal braces are smaller, flatter and more flattering. Irvin Orthodontics offers metal braces to residents of Greensboro, High Point and Winston-Salem, NC.
What are Metal Braces?
At Irvin Orthodontics, metal braces are made from high-quality surgical steel. The steel is used to make brackets and wire, which connects the brackets in the mouth. The tension of the wire on the brackets fixed to the teeth is what creates the force to gradually move the teeth. The wires are held onto the brackets using elastic bands.
Components of Metal Braces
Metal braces are made of high-quality surgical steel. The three component of metal braces are:
- Brackets: Slim, flat metal brackets which are bonded to the front of the teeth.
- Archwire: A thin, metal wire connecting all of the brackets on the teeth to provide tension to control the force being applied to the teeth.
- Rubber bands or elastics: Elastic bands, sometimes colored, are used to hold the wire onto the brackets of each tooth to apply guided force to help move the teeth.
Benefits of Metal Braces
Traditional metal braces are preferred by many of our patients because of the following benefits:
- Ideal for patients who may not be committed to wearing Invisalign® clear aligners
Why Do I Need Metal Braces?
Metal braces are useful for correcting a number of orthodontic issues. Some of the most common issues that metal braces can correct are as follows:
- Crooked or overcrowded teeth
- Spacing or gaps in the teeth
- Malocclusion or irregular bite
- Discomfort or pain associated with the teeth or jaw
Are Metal Braces Right for Me?
If you need braces for one of the reasons listed above, metal braces may be an option for you. To learn more about metal braces at Irvin Orthodontics, contact us to schedule a complimentary initial exam.
How Much Do Metal Braces Cost in Greensboro?
Metal braces vary in cost for a number of factors, all of which will be determined at your complimentary initial exam. Dr. Alan Irvin is happy to offer in-office financing for qualified patients as well as financing via CareCredit®. We will discuss your reasons for getting orthodontic treatment, your lifestyle and budget, and make recommendations for your individual treatment plan accordingly. Visit our Braces Financing page for more information.
Do metal braces sound right for you? Local residents of Greensboro, High Point, and Winston-Salem, NC, contact Irvin Orthodontics today to schedule a complimentary initial exam.
Irvin Orthodontics is a Platinum Provider for Invisalign®>