Parts of Braces in Greensboro, NC
Dr. Irvin of Irvin Orthodontics, serving the local residents of Greensboro, High Point and Winston-Salem, NC, believes that knowledge is power, and he wants his patients to have the power to succeed in their orthodontic treatment, including knowing the parts of braces.
What Are the Parts of Braces?
Braces are incredibly effective devices for straightening your teeth. With that goal in mind, Dr. Irvin has assembled the following glossary of keywords so you can understand what each part of the braces apparatus does and how they all work together to straighten your teeth for a healthy smile. To learn more about the different parts of braces, and how braces can give you a beautiful smile, please contact our office today to set up your consultation with Dr. Irvin.
- Archwire – A metal wire which is attached to your brackets to move your teeth.
- Bands – A metal ring that is usually placed on your teeth to hold on parts of your braces.
- Bracket – The small metal or ceramic modules attached to each tooth. They serve as guides to move the teeth.
- Buccal Tube – A small metal tube that is welded on the outside of a molar band.
- Chain – A stretchable plastic chain used to hold archwires into brackets and to move your teeth.
- Elastics – Elastics or rubber bands for braces help move the upper and lower teeth relative to each other, ultimately achieving a better bite. The orthodontic rubber bands are typically effective for correcting overbites, underbites, or other types of misalignments of the jaw. They are also useful for moving a tooth into alignment or to close a space in the mouth.
How Much Do Braces Cost in Greensboro?
Your braces treatment costs will vary, depending on your individual needs and developing an appropriate treatment plan that’s customized to your needs. Our staff will discuss the cost of your treatment and each available payment plan option with you, including convenient financing options including in-house payments and CareCredit® financing. We will work with you to create a payment plan that fits your budget, so you will know what to expect. Our practice also accepts most major credit cards and insurance plans.
If you are a local resident of Greensboro, High Point and Winston-Salem, NC, and you want to straighten your teeth, please contact Irvin Orthodontics to schedule an appointment.